Friday, November 13, 2009

Needing Serenity...

Full Original Serenity Prayer
by Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)

God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen.


This prayer is going to be what I need over the next week. I have an HSG next Monday to see what kind of shape my uterus is in, which will tell us what our options are as far as trying for baby #2. Best case: everything's fine, and we go ahead and start trying. Worst case: things look bad, doctor feels it would be too risky to try and fix it and/or try for another baby due to complications I may have during pregnancy, and the dream of a large family (or even another baby) is lost. As I try not to dwell on that, since as a BFF told me "Worrying is like a rocking chair - you go back and forth and back and forth and it doesn't get you anywhere", I'm focusing on things I have control over...like me house. :)

I'm feeling good about the house today. I'm feeling good in general today. I prayed last night, not the Serenity Prayer since I couldn't remember the whole thing, but prayed for peace in my life and for those who are suffering, for the strength to do the things I need to do, for the understanding to accept those things I can't control or change and know that those things are just God's will, and for help to trust in Him during this time and always so that I can live the life he wants me to live. That last part is always something I've asked for...I hope I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment