Thursday, November 12, 2009

And it begins...

It's been suggested to me by one of my BFFs that I start journaling. The first thought that came to my mind was blogging...essentially the same thing, but it's electronically instead of on paper. So here I go. I'm not sure how I'll do, seeing as I started a blog for my family about a year ago and didn't do too well with it. But I figure, what the hell...I'll give it another shot.

The reason for this blog/journal is pretty simple - I've been finding myself a little overwhelmed as of late with things going on in my small little part of the world. I'm now the mother of a toddler, which (as all mothers know) is a new chapter of parenting when compared to being the mother of a newborn/"baby". I've started feeling like I've been neglecting my responsibilities as a housewife lately, and it really botheres me since that's half of my "job" these days. And, probably the biggest thing, Mike and I have decided to start trying to have another baby. Given my past history in that department, it's not going to be as easy as most people have it, and a lot of the things I "write" here will probably be about that. When you add to all of that my responsibilities as Site Admin for my mom's group, volunteering for The Mommies Network, going to the gym 4-5 days a week, and making time for playdates for Zen (and myself!), and you can see why I feel a little overwhelmed!

Most people that I've talked to or mentioned all of this to have said that I'm over-reacting or being too hard on myself about the housework stuff. And another thing they're probably all thinking but not saying is, "If you feel you have too much going on, then stop doing some of it!" The thing is, I don't want to (and in some cases can't) stop doing any of it. These things are what makes my life whole...it's what makes me happy (when it's all running smoothly, that is). I just need to find a balance with all of it. I've started taking steps this week to try and do that, and I'm feeling a little better about the house. The next few days will proove if I'm really making progress, though, since I've had a lot of time in my house yesterday and today without Zen, which makes it MUCH easier to do anything!

The "baby" thing will be the tough part. But since my daughter has decided she's played by herself enough, I'll have to cover that topic another time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment